We’ve seen global events come and go, but we are sure you’ll agree these are extraordinary times. The past few weeks have caused unprecedented turmoil in the travel industry and the wider world. At all times we want to assure you that the safety and well-being of our guests and colleagues is our highest priority.
We’re working around the clock to help all our clients who are currently travelling with us, offering the hands-on support they’ve come to count on. Our specialists are advising everyone due to travel on the best options for their trip. And, we’ve taken the step of protecting the whole Skanda Holidays team through the Herculean effort of equipping them to work from home, taking care of them so they can look after you.
In these strange days, we are certain of two things. This situation will pass eventually, and then travel will be more important to us than ever. And, while we might not be able to travel for a little while, we can still dream of travel. You’ll still be hearing from us. We’ll continue to share how we’re putting our clients first as this ever-shifting situation plays out.
We understand that the current coronavirus (Covid-19) situation is creating a lot of uncertainty, especially when it comes to travelling. At Skanda Holidays , we’re here to reassure you that you can book with confidence, safe in the knowledge that you can change your travel plans should you need to. We are therefore applying the following policies for customers due to travel up to and including 30th April 2020. Please read them carefully.
- Affected guests can move their holiday to any other tour, destination, on any date in 2020, 2021 without penalty or rebooking fee**.
- To expedite the process and ensure guests have adequate time to adjust travel plans without worry, we have automatically assigned this booking protection in the form of Credit Voucher* to all applicable guests with upcoming departures.
We understand this is a time of hesitation and concern in the world of travel, but are committed to ensuring our guests manage through this period with the right options, adequate time, and high levels of attention and consideration. As we do our best to help each and every one of our guests, both with current and pending travel plans, we greatly appreciate your confidence and loyalty.
Frequently asked questions:
As a full member of ABTA and ATOL, we offer financial protection on our bookings in accordance with the official rules and regulations. What this means for you is that any payments to us are protected, regardless of changes in the travel industry.
We know that your passion for incredible travel experiences will not have diminished in the slightest, and we will continue to do what we do best so you can continue booking with us in the utmost confidence.
Those who for some reason do not wish to go ahead with their holiday plans at a later date are advised to contact their travel insurers in the first instance. Many insurers have accepted liability and promptly paid out based on the complete shut-down of passenger airline travel directed by the FCO, and as a result this is the quickest route to receiving any funds back.
As your tour operator, we can provide you with all the necessary documents needed to assist the insurer and your claim.
Yes, We are getting in touch with all our clients in order of departure date, so if we haven’t been in touch yet please bear with us – we will shortly.
We have been humbled by the messages of positivity from our clients, the travel industry and our wider community – it’s both inspiring and encouraging to see the outpouring of support for one-another. We are grateful for your support through this challenging time, and encourage everyone to be kind to one another while we navigate this global crisis.
You can contact us over the phone or email, Please bear in mind, a very few are working and from home, subject to system connectivity, there are limitations. There will be significant and long wait times in our response.
We highly recommend you sign up to receive the latest FCO Travel Advice for any countries involved in any upcoming travels. Staying up-to-date with the latest information is particularly important in this rapidly changing situation and this is the best way to do so.
Please click the links below to visit the FCO and ABTA advice pages for travellers to find further details.
FCO travel advice:https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus
If you do have any specific questions regarding your forthcoming holiday that aren’t covered by the FCO and ABTA advice, please do contact our team and we would be delighted to assist you.
*(RCN)Credit voucher terms and conditions
1. The full value of the original booking will be held against your booking reference number.
2. If we have only received part payment on the original booking then we will only credit the amount received to date.
3. Any amendment fees on the original booking will not be included in the credit held.
4. Credit note (RCN) can be used against a travel or services from us in future. The new booking can be made immediately up until 31 March 2021.
5. The new booking can depart anytime between 01 July 2020 and 31 March 2022.
6. The new booking must include flights with the original airline^, however a new destination may be permitted.
7. In most cases suppliers^ will not allow passengers changes, therefore all passengers noted on the original booking must travel on the new booking.
8. If the new booking is of a higher value than the original, all additional costs must be paid.
9. If the new booking is of a lower value than the original no cash refund will be due however we will issue a further non-cashable credit voucher.
10. If you decide to cash the voucher, we will endeavor to seek a refund from our suppliers^ on your behalf. It can take longer time than usual, we appreciate your patience.
**additional charges, if any, may apply. (example, travelling date in a peak season)
^Subject to supplier. Our sales staff can provide further details on request.