Discover vibrant North East India and mysterious Bhutan. Explore colonial influences in Kolkata, monasteries in Darjeeling and Gangtok and Pelling tigers’nests in Paro. This tour gives glimpses into Indian and Bhutanese culture. Embark on an epic Himalayan adventure on this small group tour. Ride the UNESCO-listed Darjeeling Himalayan Railway or ‘Toy Train’ to India’s highest railway station and watch the sunrise over Mt Kanchenjunga. Explore Gangtok’s Tibetan Buddhist monuments; get up close to snow leopards and Himalayan wolves at the Padmaja Naidu zoo;Discover some of Bhutan’s most important cultural treasures. Visit some of Bhutan’s finest dzongs, from regal Punakha to imposing Paro. Trek up to the spectacular setting of the ‘Tiger’s Nest’ Monastery and visit the imposing grandeur of Trashilang Dzong. A journey through Bhutan will take you through deep valleys, and high mountain passes, and will certainly be a memorable experience.
- UK – Kolkata (3N)
- Darjeeling (2N)
- Gangtok (2N)
- Kalimpong (1N)
- Phuntsholing (1N)
- Thimpu (2N)
- Gangtey (1N)
- Punakha (1N)
- Paro (2N)
- Kolkata (1N) – UK
- International flights (and domestic flights if applicable).
- UK departure and overseas airport taxes.
- 16 nights in hotels, and 1in flight (accommodation as specified or similar)
- 32 meals: 16 breakfasts & 16 dinners
- Local Transfers in an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Guided Excursions as described.
- Entrance fees unless otherwise stated.
- Visit Rumtek Monastery an esteemed Buddhist religious place.
- Visit Tiger Hill to view sunrise over Kanchendzonga Peak.
- Visit the beautiful Khecheopalri Lake in Pelling.
- Look out over the high Himalaya from the breathtaking Dochu La pass.
- limb up to cliff-tumbling Tiger’s Nest monastery.
- Explore the cultural highlights of the Bhutanese capital, Thimpu.
- Drive through the breathtaking landscapes of rural Bhutan.
DAY 1 UK – KOLKATA
Fly to Kolkata.
DAY 2 KOLKATA (D)
DAY 3 KOLKATA (B/D)
DAY 4 KOLKATA (B/D)
DAY 5 KOLKATA – BAGDOGRA – DARJEELING (B/D)
DAY 6 DARJEELING (B/D)
DAY 7 DARJEELING – GANGTOK (B/D)
DAY 8 GANGTOK (B/D)
DAY 9 GANGTOK – KALIMPONG (B/D)
DAY 10 KALIMPONG – PHUNTSHOLING (B/D)
DAY 11 PHUNTSHOLING – THIMPU (B/D)
DAY 12 THIMPHU (B/D)
DAY13 THIMPHU – GANGTEY (B/D)
DAY 14 GANGTEY – PUNAKHA (B/D)
DAY 15 PUNAKHA – PARO (B/D)
DAY 16 PARO (B/D)
DAY 17 PARO – KOLKATA(B/D)
DAY 18 KOLKATA – UK (B)
Morning transfer to Kolkata International airport to board your flight to UK. Arrive home today.
All our holiday packages are flight inclusive tours, we also do ground only tours should you wish to arrange your own air tickets, perhaps you might want to redeem your favourite airline loyalty points. Or you might want only a few elements of the tour, talk to us we will guide you the best, trust us we are experts in what we do. We tailor make holidays to what you want and not what we have, so you sit back and relax, we’ll take care of all your holiday arrangements.